Saturday, January 23, 2010

7 degrees.....broken water pipe

Today dawned sunny and beautiful, but when i woke up it was only in the single digits here in the northeast. The plan today was to take a day off, the first in many weeks, after last weeks no heat call at my sisters we needed a few hours off.

My cell phone rang and it was my brother- in- law . They own a local business in a strip mall. Their neighbor failed to keep his heat up high enough and froze the water pipe coming into the building!

The karate studio next door filled with water and when it had nowhere else to go the water came knocking on his door.... it came rushing through the walls, there were several inches of water in the building.

Mr.Fix-It and I  left the shop with a wet/ dry vacuum minus the filter and hit the road. We loaded it into my trunk and off we went not sure what we would find..

to be continued....





/ .