Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Toilet, Tenant, Time.... Too Much and Too little......

Too much to do and too little time to do it......

I went into the basement of one of our rental houses, a house Mr. fix-it and I also live in.....there is water coming through the floor and it sounds like the water is running......I am somewhat panicked. Since getting new tenants 1 year ago we have had to deal with an array of problems.....the tenants are very nice but a bit absent-minded.....

Last week I had to call them to tell tham that their bedroom window was open about 6 inches to the outside, it was in the single digits and snowing outside , it did not seem to bother them that it was freezing outside and all their heat was literally getting burned up and was flying out the window.....
In the summer they were running the two 5000 watt air conditioners in their windows while other windows in the apartment were wide open.....?*(&^^
Several weeks ago I went downstairs in the front hallway to get the mail, it was maybe 20 degrees in the hallway, the door to their apartment was wide open and noone was mailto:.....@#$%^&&&

I cannot figure them out, they are only in their early 60's??? Maybe pre-Alzheimers??? They make me somewhat nervous.

The latest escapade is the water coming through the floor.... I go upstairs and bang on the back door, I hear someone coming. The door is opened and I greet Mrs. Tenant and her 2 year old granddaughter.  I go right in to the bathroom, Mrs. Tenant says that the tiolet will flush but solids won't go down, they have to plunge constantly..... I take the tank cover off and look in, all looks okay, I get down on my hands and knees and start looking.....almost immediately I see something in the throat of the toilet. I reach in and pull out a clear plastic fork...the tines are facing out.  I fish it out and show it to Mrs. Tenant...she says" how did that get in there?"....I look at her and say " Maybe the 2 year old?" Mrs Tenant says "can't be..." .....I disagree.....i was young once I remember flushing alot of stuff down the toilet that did not belong in the toilet.
I tell Mrs. Tenant that I will check with her again tomorrow to see how it is flushing.....